Meet Michael Zlupko, MD
Dr. Michael C. Zlupko joined the Altoona Lung Specialists in 2013. He graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, PA. Dr. Zlupko received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. He performed his internal medicine residency at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA., and completed his pulmonary and critical care training at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Michael C. Zlupko is Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine. He is licensed to practice medicine by the State of Pennsylvania with privileges at UMPC Altoona, Tyrone Hospital, the James E. VanZandt Veterans Memorial Hospital, and J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital. Dr. Michael C. Zlupko was trained in the bronchoscopic technique of endobronchial ultrasound during his fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic; a technique he brought to the local community utilized for biopsy and staging of lung disease. Dr. Michael C. Zlupko was born and resides in Altoona, PA with his wife, Erica, who is also from Altoona, and their two daughters.
- Franklin and Marshall CollegeBachelor of Arts, Biology1999 - 2003
- University of Pennsylvania School of MedicineDoctor of Medicine2003 - 2007
- Resident, Department of Internal MedicineUniversity of Virginia Health System2007 - 2010
- Fellow, Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care MedicineCleveland Clinic Foundation2010 - 2013
- MemberAmerican College of Chest Physicians
Thank you for subscribing!
You will receive important news and updates from our practice directly to your inbox.