- Banner Slide 1: Altoona PA's Leading Pulmonary Specialists Altoona Lung Specialists provides a wide range of services to our patients in our Lung Disease Center, which offers state-of-the-art care. Testings include pulmonary function testing, Asthma testing, IOS (impulse oximetry), cardio pulmonary stress testing, both diagnostic and titration sleep testing, and more.
- Banner Slide 2: The American Lung Association trusts Altoona Lung Specialists Dr. George Zlupko has been named the American Lung Association's Vaccine Hesitancy Ambassador for South Central Pennsylvania! The Lung Disease Foundation of Central PA is the ALA's designated entity for smoking cessation in the counties of Blair, Bedford, and Centre.
- Banner Slide 3: Lung Disease Center of Central PA Altoona Lung Specialists provide of a wide range of services to our patients in the Lung Disease Center, which provides them with state-of-the-art care, including testing, diagnosis, and treatment in one location within their own community, allowing them to remain local.
- Banner Slide 4: Coronavirus Updates Read about the steps Altoona Lung Specialists is taking to care for its patients and learn more about COVID-19. If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, please visit our Vaccine FAQ page to learn more
- Banner Slide 5: CPAP/BiPAP Recall Information Dr. Timothy Lucas and Dr. Alan Kanouff are not currently recommending that patients stop using their CPAP/BiPAP machines.
- Banner Slide 6: Thank You! We thank all the health care professionals who are dedicating their time during the COVID-19 pandemic and fighting on the front lines for all of us. Our doctors are working hard to help our lung disease patients during this time and are still available for office calls and appointments.
Our Friday hours have changed to 8am - 1pm
CPAP/BiPAP RECALL INFORMATION
We thank all the health care professionals who are dedicating their time during the COVID-19 pandemic and fighting on the front lines for all of us. Our doctors are working hard to help our lung disease patients during this time and are still available for office calls and appointments.
Thank you for your dedication, Dr. George Zlupko, Dr. Michael Zlupko, Dr. Alan Kanouff, and Dr. Timothy Lucas.
We are asking our patients who have COVID-19 symptoms, or have been exposed, to please call us so we may advise you and refer you to a testing center, if needed.
Please take these guidelines seriously, limit your social contact, wash your hands often, stay home, and stay safe, so we can all get through this together.
Altoona PA's Leading Pulmonary Specialists
WITH AN ON-SITE BOARD-CERTIFIED SLEEP PHYSICIAN IN ALTOONA, PA
Altoona Lung Specialists provides a wide range of services to our patients in our Lung Disease Center, which offers state-of-the-art care. Testings include pulmonary function testing, Asthma testing, IOS (impulse oximetry), cardio pulmonary stress testing, both diagnostic and titration sleep testing, and more.
Altoona Lung Specialists offers patient sleep apnea testing and evsluations from our board certified sleep physician. We offer comphrensive testings to evaluate the resoning behind some of the main symptoms of sleep apnea.
Altoona Lung Specialists has recently initiated a new “Team” concept to the treatment of our patients to insure that each patient receives the best care and customer service available. Talk to one of our experienced professionals or request an appointment today!
Conditions and Services
WE DIAGNOSE AND TREAT A WIDE ARRAY OF PULMONARY CONDITIONS
Meet Our Care Team
YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS!
- Providers Carousel Slide: Michael Zlupko , Alan Kanouff , Timothy Lucas , George Zlupko
- Providers Carousel Slide: Patti Bickley
Our Staff at Altoona Lung Specialists
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCED CARE PROFESSIONALS
The experienced and caring team of professionals who care for our patients at Altoona Lung Specialists consists of a diverse group of trained Receptionists, Medical Secretaries, Certified Medical Assistants, Radiology Technicians, and Registered Polysomnographers (Sleep Technicians).
Each member of our team is dedicated to being compassionate and providing excellence in their effort to ensure that each and every patient of Altoona Lung Specialists receives the best care and customer service available in the staff member’s given field of expertise. We would like to thank each member of the Altoona Lung Specialists’ team for their loyalty and dedication to the needs of our patients. It is our team members who play an integral part in the success of the practice. Thank you!
Find Us Near You
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT ALTOONA, PA AND IS OPEN MONDAYS TO THURSDAYS BETWEEN 8:00AM AND 4:00PM AND ON FRIDAYS BETWEEN 8:00AM TO 1:00PM.
- Lung Disease Center of Central PAAddress:800 Chestnut Ave., Altoona, PA 16601Phone:(814) 946-2845
We Accept Most Insurances
Some of the most common insurances we accept are listed here. If you do not find yours or if you need to verify your eligibility, please call our office. Our dedicated insurance professionals are at your service to help you get the information you need, answer any questions related to coverage, and ultimately eliminate your frustration.
Some Kind Words From Our Patients
I came to this place because my lungs collapsed during a surgery. I was on oxygen 15 liters and was not being taken down so i wouldn't become dependent on it. I knew my Aunt was being treated here and highly recommended it. I couldn't agree more. With Dr. Michael. I was off Oxygen in a year...Donna. Posted On July 15, 2021
I was referred to Dr Michael Zlupko by my PCP after a C.A.T scan showed a lung nodule. I was very happy with his explanation of what this may or may not be, the follow up treatment and the referral to a Surgeon who I was very happy with.I would recommend this Physician without reservation.vicki. Posted On August 23, 2019PracticeBeat
Dr. Zlupko is a wonderful doctor - provides the correct treatment for my rare type of asthma. He has a great sense of humor too! The staff at Altoona Lung are great also - special shout out to Samantha! They're all very personable and caring. I highly recommend their practice.Larene. Posted On July 15, 2019PracticeBeat
Excellent Drs and staff!Gerry. Posted On March 4, 2019PracticeBeat
I see Dr. Kanouff & I must say what an extraordinary doctor. The staff is also amazing, treating you like a human & there because they care.Jean. Posted On March 4, 2019PracticeBeat
They are awesome!Christine. Posted On March 4, 2019PracticeBeat
Love it, love the staff, love my Dr! PS it’s Dr Lucas. They are always on time with appointments, courteous and very thorough with your testing. I have been a patient for almost 15 years.Misti. Posted On March 4, 2019PracticeBeat
Dr. Kanouff is a great doctor he really cares. And I didn’t have to wait in waiting room they took me right in.Deb. Posted On March 4, 2019PracticeBeat
I saw Dr. Alan J. Kanouff. Due for a follow up and he’s got to be one of the nicest and best caring Dr that I have. He takes his time, explains everything and you don’t leave with any unanswered questions. The staff is just as friendly.Bill. Posted On March 4, 2019PracticeBeat
Excellent staff, very helpful Drs highly skilledSusan. Posted On March 4, 2019PracticeBeat
We Value Your Feedback!
This Week On Dr. Z's Rantz!
CHECK OUT DR. ZLUPKO'S EDITORIALS ON VARIOUS TOPICS
Published: February 24, 2019
Why most of my Rantz are generated by a travel experience I cannot say. What I will say is travel has become a nightmare. Let me first give the TSA agents at all the airports around the country a vote of thanks for sticking out the recent government shut down which caused them to work for several weeks without pay.... Read More